Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The Christmas Nook




                                                        As soon as we had our first snowfall I
                                                         went down to our Boathouse with my
                                                        camera and took a few shots of the
                                                        little nook all decked out for the Christmas
                                                        season. It was a perfect calm day, the
                                                         trees are reflecting in the pond and with snow
                                                         covering the ground and trees, it was beautiful!

                                                                     
                                       


                                                               Candles,pinecones and lights.

                                                        The vintage red and white handmade quilt
                                                         adds just just the right touch.
                                                                   A wider view.
                                                   A cup of tea and a Christmas magazine
                                                   and I am ready to enjoy the nook.

                                       This little nook is one of my favorite plaves
                                                  to relax with a good book.Hope you enjoyed
                                                 a peek at it in it's winter/Christmas glory!

                                                   If you would like to see an autumn look click here
                                                  and for a summer look click here
                                                     I have some photos of the rest of the Christmas
                                                  Boathouse to share soon.
                                               

                                                                       Thank you for your visit!

                                                                                                 Carolyn
                                                     
                                                                       

21 comments:

Lisa said...

la magia della tua casa..oltrepassa l' oceano..ed arriva fin qui..sei unica ..grazie per il sogno che ci regali.
Lisu del Lismary's cottage..<3

Riina said...

So lovely pictures! <3

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Such a gorgeous spot to sit and relax or take in the view, Carolyn. I have to tell you again how these pictures would make a wonderful calendar. : )

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I LOVE this look in your boathouse!

I would spend hours in there!

Deanna

Pamela Gordon said...

This is so pretty, Carolyn. You must have so much fun decorating this little boathouse along with your home for all the seasons. It looks perfect with the snow outside and the reflections in the pond.

Susan said...

I would love to read my book in that Christmas nook. Susan

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

So pretty Carolyn and gets me in the holiday spirit! I just want to literally dive into my computer so I can snuggle up right there and just gaze and daydream. Sigh...

The Victorian Girl said...

So cozy! Love the touches of red and white.

Birgitte og Kaffekoppen said...

Love, love, loooooove´it Carolyn :)
Hugs
Birgitte

Rabbit Hill ~ Handmades by Jenn Tavoletti said...

I love it!!

villemo said...

Przepiękny dom i cudne zdjęcia, nie mogę wyjść z zachwytu :)) Pozdrawiam ciepło

Kullerbü said...

So beautiful!! I want to be there right now!
Ann

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Just lovely, Carolyn! How nice you have a fireplace too and a pretty mantel for the Christmas season. What fun you have decorating!

Paula pearls said...

Cudnie!

Lorrie said...

How cozy it all looks. A perfect place to curl up and dream a little.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful place!
So nice and cozy!
Best greetings fran Germany
Kerstin

martine290 said...

c'est sublime, j'aime beaucoup

White Lace and Promises said...

Can I cozy up there? Oh my goodness. I love your style and commented on this quilt earlier. Love it!

Rhondi said...

Hi Carolyn Your home is just like a little bit of heaven! I hope you really did take some time and enjoy the magazine while relaxing in your nook!

jolanda said...

This is just so very beautiful!!! Especially the fifth picture.... I'm in love with it and I keep looking at it. Just stunning!

MaryEGuad said...

This is absolutely gorgeous.. This is my perfect christmas time scene. I would love to create something like this for my own home.. it's so cozy. I am going to make one of those quilts! I want to make a red a white quilt for each of my children and my bed for the holiday season.. I love the double irish chain..